Here is a quick guide on how to get started with your Circle Fund account.
Adding New Users
Here are 3 ways to add new users once logged into your Circle Dashboard:
- Add Manually – Go to the People menu and select the role of the new user you want to add, such as Volunteers and click on the green Add People button in the top right corner. Then just input their Full Name, E-mail and Password and click “Save Changes”.
- Invite Users – Click on the Invite Users Widget found in the right-hand column of your Dashboard. Enter the E-mail of the person you want to invite and select their Role from the pull-down menu and then click on the green “Invite” button. They will receive an e-mail asking them to join your Circle account and add their registration details.
- Import Users – Click on the People menu and first download the “Sample csv” file at the blue link next to the green “People CSV” upload button. Edit the CSV file in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel or another CSV file editor to include details of users to be imported. Then click on the green “People CSV” button to import them.
Create Donation Pages
To create a donation page with recurring monthly or annual memberships and crowdfunding, follow these steps.
- In your Dashboard, go to the Fundraising / Donations menu.
- Click “Add New Donation Page” blue button in the top right to create a new donation page. Note that the name of the donation page will become the URL of the campaign found in the Fundraising / Campaigns menu.
- Under “Basic Settings” add a Title (required), Phone Number, Youtube URL, Background Image, Logo, Description, Comment Limit, Credit Card Statement Descriptor and many other options. Be sure to click the green “Update” button for the section you are editing, or the “Update Page” to update all sections at once.
- Under “More Settings“, choose if you want to collect “Annual” or “Monthly” membership donations, and if you want to Show or Hide comments. Again, once done be sure to click the green “Update” button once done.
- Click the blue “Connect with Stripe” button to open an account and connect it to your Circle Fund pages.
Create Event/Ticketing Pages
To create an event page with the option to charge various ticket prices, follow these steps.
- In your Dashboard, go to the Fundraising / Events menu.
- Click the blue “Stripe Settings” button to input your Stripe Key and Stripe Secret from your Stripe account (see their Dashboard / API area). If you haven’t connected/opened a Stripe account yet, please go to Fundraising / Donations and click the blue “Connect with Stripe” button to open an account.
- Once your Stripe account is opened and connected, click on “Add New Event” in the Fundraising / Events menu.
- Input your “Event Name”, “Event Date”, time duration “From” and “to”. Add your “Venue”, “Capacity” (e.g. maximum number of people who can attend) and currency (US vs CDN). You can also add a Google “Map Embed” code, image “Background”, a “Logo” and “Extra Content” using the HTML editor.
- Under the “Create Tickets” area at the bottom, add a “Price” and “Description” for each ticket type, and click the green plus sign (+) to add more types. Be sure to click the green “Update” button at the bottom right once done.
Need To Integrate With WordPress?
We offer 2 WordPress plugins for your nonprofit;
- Donation Form Embedder – allows you to embed any donation page you create in Circle Fund in a page or post.
- WooCommerce Donations – integrates with WooCommerce to allow you to collect e-commerce donations.
We also offer custom WordPress theme, plugin, hosting and site development services for nonprofits. Please do contact us for a quote or with any questions along the way!